body

Thank Bananas it's Friday



My ongoing mission to make as many dairy free recipes that I possibly can in a year, using the humble Banana.  

Iv learnt a lot this week.......The mysterious loud bang in my house, turned out to be a tripped circuit in my fuse box.  Chia Tea contains Caffeine, which I can't have.    Agar Agar has laxative properties and is often used in diet pills!!!!

There a 2 good reasons why I avoid caffeine. 

1. - It's a stimulant which is not great for people with digestive problems like myself. 

2. -Caffeine is also not recommended for individuals with anxiety problems.  

So Chia tea and Agar Agar are  now added to the long list of food and drink I need to avoid.  

I am looking on the positive side, at least I can still eat Banana's. 


Peanut butter & banana noddle salad


I took inspiration this week from this recipe for Thai Noodle Salad with banana peanut butter dressing.  I had some bell peppers and sugar snap pea's in the fridge that needed used.  Just enough to make a tasty salad.

Was a bit sceptical about this one, but It tasted great.  Banana and peanut butter has got to be one of my favourite flavour pairings.  The peanut butter made the sauce creamy with out the need for dairy, while the banana's added a natural sweetness.

Next recipe  - Peanut banana fro yo.  To make the Frozen Yogurt dairy free, I used Alpro plain yogurt and almond milk.  

It wasn't a total success, but I'm still trying to get used to my Ice cream maker.  This is what it should look like.  I am in no way responsible for the beautiful photo below. 

Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Yogurt // shutterbean


Mine turned into a hard block.  It tasted great once it defrosted enough for me to eat it. It was delicious and creamy, however I think it would be better made into frozen ice pops.  

Would also make it more portable so you could eat it outside   xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding