body

Thank Bananas it's Friday



It's that time of week again....... Thank Bananas it's Friday.  

No matter what life throws at me, I always have time for my Banana Project.  Everyone needs a hobby, making as many dairy free recipes using Banana's just happens to be mine.

First recipe:


Banana Glazed Chocolate Donuts

I took my inspiration from this recipe I found on Food.com. I've made plenty of banana cakes, cupcakes and muffins before, never tried to use them as a glaze before.  

My glaze wasn't a total success. The problem was I tried to scale down the original recipe and didn't use enough icing sugar. Not using enough icing sugar also made my glaze too  wet, so by the next day the donuts turned a bit too soft. Next time I'll stick to the original.  

It tasted great though, the banana glaze was a perfect match for the baked chocolate donuts. To make dairy free, use a vegan butter in the recipe.


Second recipe:  


Cream of Banana Soup


Got to be one of the strangest recipes I've made so far. There are a few dessert recipes for banana coconut soup, however that seemed to easy.  So I tried to find a savoury one.

I couldn't really find a recipe I liked, so made my own version using a few for inspiration.

Cd Kitchen Cream of banana soup recipe - 

Celtnet Malawi Banana soup recipe 

First I softened some diced Onions in a saucepan, before adding some Garam Masala and chopped banana's.  Cook for another few min's, then poured in equal qty of veg stock and soya milk.  

I simmered it for 20 min's then blitzed it with my hand blender.  Added chopped spring onions and 1 tsp of whole grain mustard.   Then used a corn flour slurry to thicken the soup. 

Cooked for another 20 min's before serving.  

Using banana's to make a soup might seem strange, just think of it as a savoury warm smoothie.....  What you get is  thick dairy free creamy soup  

 Who knew it would work!!!!!! 

Totally astounded, this has got to be one of my favourite recipes Iv tasted so far. The mustard just worked against the sweetness of the banana.  Be brave give it a try, and let me know what you think   xxxx












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding