body

Thank Bananas it's Friday



It's Banana's


It's Friday again, so time for more banana themed recipes.  Part of my ongoing mission to make as many meals and recipes using my favourite fruit.  As I am lactose intolerant, all the recipes have to be dairy free.

I've been craving a banana ice cream sundae since we made banana splits for dessert at work.  Lucked out and found my local Morrison's had some Swedish Glace dairy free ice cream in the freezer section.  Perfect timing.

Caramel and banana sundae

Took a lovely big scoop of dairy free ice cream , topped it with sliced banana and dairy free caramel sauce.  I've not had ice cream dairy free or otherwise in over a year, so forgive me for getting a bit to excited about it.  The Vanilla Swedish Glace tasted lovely and had a great texture, well worth the wait.  



Some of the best recipes come about due to necessity, in this case I had run out of yogurt for breakfast. I am not really a big smoothie fan, i  used to love them.  However after drinking them for breakfast every morning through a straw after my jaw surgery I kind of went off them.  




I might not be keen on drinking them but they make a great alternative to yogurt for mixing into my morning muesli. 

 I blitzed 1 whole banana with a little of my soya milk to make it the same consistency as my yogurt.  I also added a little lemon juice to stop it turning brown too quickly.   This would also work as a great dairy free alternative to single cream.  


Only problem I have not is what to make for next weeks blog xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding