body

Anxiety and Angel cake


Mini Lemon angel cake
with mixed berries and soya yogurt


I don't really check my personal e-mails that often.  I spent too much time looking at the things when I worked in an office.  Which is why it took me a week to discover an e-mail I should have replied too over a week ago!!!!

Lucky I wasn't too late, however now I've  got  an interview this Wednesday. Due to my anxiety,  I am not really great at handling surprises or sudden appointments.  When I go to a place I have not been too before I like do research first.

My favourite tool for this is google maps, the street view function is a great help.  I take a virtual walk to the destination and check the area for landmarks.  Traveline Scotland is the other website I use a lot, especially there journey planner.  

You are probably wondering what any of this has to do with angel food cake!!!!!

Surprises causes my anxiety levels to rise, the side effect of this is I get really hyper.  Which means I really need somewhere to focus all the excess energy.  

Logic kind of goes out the window at this point.  I went to the shops to buy some fresh free range eggs, came back and set up my new stand mixer.  Then Christened it by making some mini  Angel Food cake.  

I'd been researching dairy free recipes and found one for  angel food cake.  So as usual I did a little research,  looking for baking recipes and advice on making angel food cake.  Apparently you need a tube cake tin which I don't have.  However you can make them in a loaf tin or as cupcakes instead.   

You need to leave it to cool in the tin and depending on which recipe you follow you turn the tin upside down.  

(I know researching everything is a bit over the top, but it's how I manage my anxiety)

Lucky for me my new Wilton jumbo muffin pan arrived in the post today.   With one recipe I was able to test 2 of my new (toys) kitchen tools.  

For a first attempt they turned out pretty good and tasted great.  I de-frosted some frozen mixed berries and glazed them with a little blueberry jam.  Finally topped it all of with Soya Yogurt for a perfect dairy free dessert.  

Almost forgot to say, angel food cake is fat free as the egg whites act as the raising agent.  Personally I more impressed that the recipe is totally dairy free xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding