body

Thank Bananas it's Friday


I should really come with a warning - DANGEROUS WHEN BORED

Just a little side effect of having an anxiety disorder, I find it really hard to not do anything.  Best excuse I can think of for setting myself this bizarre mission.  To search for and cook as many banana recipes as I possibly can in a year

Sometimes I come up with complete disasters and sometimes they force me to do a happy dance. After last weeks banana and mincemeat tea loaf, I still had half a jar left to use.   Boredom + half jar mincemeat  =

Banana & Mincemeat pies



Easy simple recipe, make some sweet shortcrust pastry and rest in the fridge for 30 Min's. Or just buy a dairy free version. While it's in the fridge mix half a jar of dairy free mincemeat with one mashed banana, and use to fill your pies.

I got a little creative and used my butterfly cookie cutter to make the lids. I ended up with a really pretty and tasty pie.

Another Scottish rainy day where I couldn't get the idea of how good coffee and banana go together. A flavour combination I first discovered when I made Coffee banana dessert a recipe from Brazil.   Boredom + an idea =


Banana and Coffee Cupcake


I spent ages looking for a coffee flavoured cake to use, but I couldn't find one.  I changed my approach and
 used this recipe from The sweetest Vegan as the base. Then swapped the almond milk for strong de-caff coffee.

(Caffeine doesn't agree with my anxiety or my IBS, I avoid it at all costs)

The recipe makes a lovely light cupcake.  I thought I had been too timid with the coffee, but the banana taste comes first and the coffee hits at the end.  They make a wonderful flavour combination.

Weather report says more rains heading my way, so look out for more recipes next week xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding