body

Thank Bananas it's Friday.... Dairy free






Bananas about bananas

Had a great Friday this week, there was a celebration for the 10th Anniversary of my local reading group.  There was a lot of old friends and met some new ones.  We all have one thing in common, we love to read........... and are very opinionated.  

Re-joining the reading group was one of my first steps on working towards managing my depression and anxiety.  They helped me gain the confidence to apply for jobs, go to interviews and finally returning to paid work.  So last nights celebration had extra special meaning for me.



Banana project Experiment:

Hindsight is a great thing, just a pity it never occurs to you till after the event.  I don't really know what possessed me to take a whoopie pie recipe and decided to bake cake pops instead.  

Its a really strange paradox that someone like myself with an anxiety disorder has absolutely no fear in the kitchen.  When the thought "I wonder what would happen if I did that....." pops into my brain, I can't really resist trying it to find out.





It really does not work as a cake pop, the batter is just too light.  They tasted great and looked ... not great!!!!

Cakes pops are normally a baked cake reduced to crumbs, then mixed with butter cream and formed into balls.  Then either covered in icing or chocolate.  

I hate butter cream icing, I can't get over the fact that it's just sugar and fat. The same way I can't eat Jelly Babies anymore.  I can't get the image of pig or cow feet being boiled to make gelatin one of the main ingredients.  

I got really excited when I found out you could bake cake pops instead using a special silicon mold.  The mold does it's job, I just need to find a thicker cake batter recipe to use with it.

During this years recipe testing I discovered that bananas and coffee taste great together.  If you love whoopie pies try this recipe, the taste was Divine.  



It's getting closer to Christmas and works getting busier,
 so Im going to stick to posting one Banana recipe a week.  Really do not want to stress myself and anyway bananas should be fun xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding