body

Thank Bananas it's Friday........


Bananas about Bananas

The Banana project: - To make as many recipes
in one year using the humble banana.  No matter how
weird or strange they appear.  


I am especially Thankful this Friday, because it's pay day. Im even more thankful for the extra money I made from doing overtime.  All my Christmas presents are bought, along with the cards.  I'v also got pressies and cards for the Birthdays that fall in December.  

This weeks recipe was inspired by my love of Nutella..........






I fell in love with Nutella when on a holiday in Paris, France.  Since becoming Lactose intolerant it's been off the menu for me.  So I got excited when I discovered Sun.Pat Chocolate Peanut butter, shopping in Asda.

Im one of those people that can eat peanut butter straight from the Jar.  So I find the safest thing to do is use it too  bake, in case I overdose.  

I used a Recipe I from my Vegan Cupcakes take over the world cookbook.  The below recipe is pretty much the same.




Chocolate peanut butter muffins 
with Banana Chips


Instead of Crunchy peanut butter, I used my Sun.Pat Choc-a-nut Peanut spread.  I folded chopped Banana chips into batter, and finished of by topping with a whole chip.

I buy Dried Banana Chips, rather than fried.  Oil + IBS = Unhappy digestive system.

Result:  A wonderful light cake with a taste that reminds me of the Caramel chocolate bars I used to be able to eat.  The crunchy Banana chips as well as tasting great, give a great texture contrast.  


I'm in the final stretch of my banana Project, its been a strange and interesting experiment. Which lucky for me has had more success than failures......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding