body

Thank Bananas it's Friday


Bananas about bananas

It's Friday again at last, thankfully.  I've had a really busy week and really glad to be off work this weekend.  So am extra thankful this Friday.  

I may have been busy but I still had time to fit in another Banana Project Experiment.  




Sweet and sour Sauce
with Banana

I took inspiration from this Meatballs in sweet and sour sauce Recipe on the Good to Know Internet site.  I don't eat meat so used Chicken style vegetarian substitute instead.

Don't ignore meat based recipes.  The sauce which is the best part of the recipe is usually vegetarian/vegan based, or easy to convert.  

The notorious chinese sweet and sour sauce from local chinese takeaway, often turns to a solid mass once its cold.  Which to me seems pretty un-natural.  It also always contains chopped peppers and pineapple chunks.  So why not Banana.......

Raw bananas would just turn to mush in the sauce, so I used dried banana chips instead.  They keep there shape a lot better and soften in the sauce.

I loved this recipe, it's a healthier version of sweet and sour sauce using tinned tomato instead of ketchup.  The dried banana adds texture and sweetness.  


Makes me wonder what else would go well with dried banana chips xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding