body

Thank Bananas it's Friday


Today I officially left the support of SAMH Pantry. (Scottish Association of Mental Health)  It's been one of the most positive experience of my life, so today has been bittersweet. 

 Iv learnt to manage my anxiety and depression and been able to return to work.  So Iv I lot to be thankful this - Thanks Banana's its Friday.  

Best advice I can give anyone is to look after your mental health, as much as your physical health.  Ohh and eat lots of Banana's, there good for you.

Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan, which is converted  into serotonin -- the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.




Banana Flat bread
with
Orzo salad in lettuce wraps

I might be Banana's about Banana's, but i am totally sane.  Trust me, Iv had my head examined................actually several times over the past 3 years.  

First recipe experiment this week,  Banana Flat bread.   I like to try out recipes that are a bit different from the norm.  If you can have banana bread, banana scones and banana pancakes, why not banana flat bread.  

After testing this recipe I am totally converted, I'll be making my flat bread this way from now on. The dough is easy to make and they are really simple to cook.  For Flat breads I like to use my Porridge Spurtle,  It makes them a lot easier to roll out compared to a larger rolling pin.  



If you love flat bread, give this recipe a try.




I originally found this recipe when I switched to healthy eating with weight watchers.  It's low fat, tasty, easy to make,  and a great way of using over ripe banana's.

I like to dice the banana into small slices, then place them into a freezer bag.  I then have instant ice cream on hand anytime I want it.  Throw the frozen banana's into a small food processor and blitz till smooth.  The texture of the banana's gives the ice cream a lovely soft serve consistency.  

Other options Iv made using the same technique.  

- Banana peanut butter ice cream - add 1 tbsp peanut butter and blitz with the banana's.  

- Banana Maple ice cream - Add Tbsp maple syrup along with the frozen banana's

- Chocolate Banana - Add  1 tsp cocoa powder.

- You could also try adding chocolate chips.  For an extra decadent touch, add chopped frozen chocolate ganache.  It melts quicker in the mouth compared to the chocolate chips.


Will be back the same time next week with more 
random thoughts and banana inspired recipes xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding