body

Thank Banana's its Friday xxx



Thank Banana's its Friday is here again.  Everyone needs a hobby this just happens to be mine...


When I was doing my research on Cucumber recipes for my other weekly blog I discovered a great recipe for  Banana and cucumber salsa.  Seamlessly blending my 2 loves together.

I couldn't not give the recipe a try, the only change I made was  using ginger.  I didn't have any in my fridge so left it out.  






Recipes  are for inspiration if you don't like one of the ingredients or don't have any, leave it out.  Or replace it with something else, I added some chopped spring onion to my salsa.  

It had the cool refreshing taste of the cucumber and mint, a bite from the spring onion and chili and sweetness from the banana's.  Surprisingly the flavours all worked well together, I'll definitely be making this recipe again.  




I love banana chips, however the ones in the shops are either too expensive or deep fried.  Fried food and my IBS do not really mix well together.  I'v had  Baked Banana chips on my to do list of recipes for a while, and finally made them this week.

The recipe suggests using greaseproof or parchment paper, DONT!!! 

 The moisture in the banana's caused mine to stick to the paper. Making it really hard to get them off....  

 Next time I plan to rub oil onto a baking sheet instead.   I would also turn them over halfway through the cooking time.  Mine were a bit soft, so I had to put them back into the oven for a bit longer.  

Once they totally cooled, I stored them in a airtight container to keep them crisp. I followed the recipe and brushed them with lemon juice to stop them discolouring.  It also gave the banana chips a sweet and sour taste, which I love. 

You could change up the flavours by sprinkling ground cinnamon or smoked paprika for a BBQ taste xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding