body

Thank Bananas it's Friday




One woman's ongoing mission to make as many 
recipes as possible with the humble banana.  


Iv a lot to be thankful for this friday.  I've now been working for 4 weeks and my first monthly pay has just been deposited into my bank account.  

It's my first wage for nearly 3 years, as I have not been able to  work due to mental health problems.  My IBS symptoms getting worse didn't really help matters either.  It feels good to finally be able to work again and support myself.  

If you are going through similar problems, there is light at the end of the tunnel.  It doesn't matter how long you take to get there.  I would take 3 steps forward and then 2 steps back, however my Doctor always reminded me I was still further along than I'd been before.  

Just remember your not going through this alone, there are a lot more of us out there that have similar problems.  




First recipe this week - Baked Banana Donuts

Since I bought my Wilton Donut pan, I've been kind of donut mad.  So it didn't take me long to convert this recipe  for Vegan baked donut to make a Banana version.

Banana's are a great egg substitute, so are ideal for this recipe. Add one mashed small banana, or 1/2 a large banana.  The only other change I made was to use 1/4 cup Veg Oil instead of the vegan butter.  However this is just my personal preference, I just think oil based vegan cake recipes taste better.

Love banana's like I do? try topping with this Banana glaze recipe.

I loved this recipe, it's easy to make and tastes really great.  Mine didn't last long enough to get glazed, but I will restrain myself next time and give it a go.  



Coffee banana frappe


Second recipe - ~Ice Coffee Banana Frappe

Finished work one night last week and was craving an iced frappe.  I could have popped into a coffee shop to buy one, but I really wanted to get home so decided to make my own and save the money.

 I used this Vegan Frappe Recipe as the base, but instead of adding ice cubes I used frozen banana slices instead.  Then blitzed all the ingredients till smooth. The banana created a foamy top to the drink so no vegan cream for required.  

Lovely cool and refreshing, banana and coffee work well as a flavour combination.  I could become addicted to these xxx










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding