body

Tulip Muffin Cases - Product Review




Iv been looking for alternatives to the usual cup cake/ Muffin cases, that I normally use.  When Im baking for friends and family I like to make there gift look as lovely as possible.  So decided to splurge out on some Tulip Muffin Cases.

This morning I used them for the first time, baking my spiced carrot muffins.  Which wasn't exactly totally successful.



Negative's:

The shape of the wrappers makes it really hard to fill them with the cake batter, with out getting it all over the sides.  Making them look pretty messy and not something you would want to give to friends or family.  

I tried using both a ice cream scoop and a tablespoon but both were just as messy.  I prefer to use an ice cream scoop for cake batter as it's a sure way of making sure the cakes/muffins are all the same size.

Next time I plan to use a plastic piping bag, hopefully this will reduce the chance of the batter going every where. 



Postives:

The tulip sides of the wrappers protected the muffins from the dreaded oven hot spot.  I usually turn my cakes and cookies round 1/2 way through the cooking time to make sure there evenly baked.  It also prevents one of them being cremated by the hot spot in the oven. 

All my muffins turned out evenly baked and a lovely golden brown.

The ones not covered in cake batter looked really good and gave the muffins a really proffesional look. 


Verdict:

You really need to get your prep work done before making your cake batter, if you plan to use tulip muffin cases.  They don't work with the bish bash bosh method of home baking. 

Use a piping bag for the batter and make sure none of it gets onto the sides. 

Practice makes perfect - Don't wait till your baking a gift for friends or family before using them, Try them out first.   I always test out new baking products or recipes first, that way I can adjust them.  

Mistakes for me are just a way of learning 'How not to do something'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding