body

Thank Banana's its Friday



Its that time of week again, where I blog about the latest recipes/meals Iv made using my favourite fruit the Banana.  

I admit some of the recipes I have tried have been ......well strange.  But if you don't try something how will you know if it works?


This week I made  Banana coconut muffins using a recipe I found on www.vegetarian.about.com.    I love muffins, bananas and coconut so why not all three together?  

They turned out great, however It's not a food combination am a fan of.  I much rather have an all banana muffin or an all coconut muffin.  Puting the 2 together in a muffin just didn't work for me.  
However they did work together in my next experiment.  




Banana omelet


Did I mention I'm not afraid of trying strange recipes?  So making a banana omelet held no fear for me, no matter how weird is sounds.

I'm lactose intolerant and only like to cook with free range eggs, if there the star of the dish.  What better way to enjoy  them than in an omelet?  

I had found a recipe for a banana omelet with peanut butter, and took my inspiration from there. I Sprinkled a little sugar into my frying pan and added 1 sliced banana to caramelise.  I flipped them over and poured my beaten eggs over them.  I still had a little desiccated coconut left, so I sprinkled a little on top.  

I don't like over cooking the eggs so I like to fold my omelet over and let the heat finish cooking the inside.  



Okay it's not the prettiest thing Iv ever made, but darn it was pretty tasty.  It's one of those recipes that's just so wrong, its right.  Sweet caramelised banana and a hint of coconut for a tropical taste.  

It shouldn't have worked but it did!!!!  


Look out for more banana recipe testing next week xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding