body

What can I eat? - Accidently Dairy Free Food

Accidently Dairy Free foods 



Accidentally Dairy free - Are food's that were not intentionally created to be marketed as Dairy free.


I'm Lactose intolerant so I don't need to worry too much about cross contamination, while those with a milk allergy do.  So accidently Dairy free foods are safe for me too eat. When you find out your lactose intolerant you automatically assume that you can no longer eat non free from food.  That's not always the case.....


This link from BBC Good Food is one of the best articles
Iv come across explaining the difference. 


Nottingham MMB 11 Party Rings.jpg
Snacks

I just recently discovered that Fox's party rings are Dairy free.  I loved these as a kid and it's great that I can eat them again.  They've added mini party rings to their product range, mini dairy free perfection. 





Check out Discount stores, like...

- Poundland
- Poundstretchers
- 99p Stores ltd
- B&M Stores




Iv found some accidently dairy free food in discount stores for, less money that you would find in your normal supermarket. There always worth checking out.  It's where I get my Oreos from.    Iv introduced my 10 year old nephew to Mini Oreo and now I have to buy boxes for him anytime I see them in the stores.  It's either that or he would eat all mine...




So todays What can I eat?
 - Is dedicated to my Stock of snacks.

Let me start by saying I do not eat every one of these snacks every day.  I would be really overweight and in a lot of IBS pain if I did.  I just like variety and get bored eating the same thing every day.

 


Fruit - it's a great healthy way for me to satisfy my sweet cravings.


Metcalfe's Skinny Topcorn - Sweet and salty is my favourite flavour, check out the website too see which other flavours are dairy free.


Nairn's - I love Nairn's oatcakes and Oat Biscuits.  They also have some Gluten free products as well.  My personal favourite's are the Stem Ginger Oat Biscuits. 


Sunbites - Lightly sea salted multigrain crispy snacks.   While you would expect to find dairy in a flavour labelled Cream cheese and Chive, your not really expecting it in other flavours. However that's not the case, so I always double check  ingredient lists.


Popchips - Another one of my favourite snacks.  Fried food isn't great for my IBS and gives me really bad heartburn.  Popchips are less fatty and a healthier alternative.


Ritz Crackers - The original recipe crackers are dairy free. There also great with soup. 


Boots Shapers Mint Nouget bar - Mint and chocolate are one of my favourite food combinations.


If you have any more that Iv not discovered yet, Id love to here from you xxx











Always double check the ingredient lists,
 as manufactures have been know to change the recipes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding