body

Dairy free blueberry muffins

My Any Berry Muffin recipe.                  Preheat oven too 190 oc       Bake for 23-25 mins
2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup Caster Sugar
1 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Soya Yogurt
1/2 Cup Soya Milk
1/2 Cup Veg Oil
2 Cups Frozen/Fresh Blueberries
1 Lemon - zest Only

Since having to give up dairy due to the wonders of being lactose intolerant, iv had to totally re-think the way I bake.  Iv had a lot of failures, but this recipe is not one of them. Even my full dairy eating mum loves them xx

I combined the Flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl and give it a whisk to loosen.  I have the Food network to thank for this tip, saves me having to sift the flour.

In a separate jug I measure out my soya yogurt, milk and oil.  Give it a good mix together, then stir in the Lemon zest. 

I added the Wet mix to the dry and mixed till just combined.  I then folded in the fruit and quickly spoon into my lined muffin pan and get in the oven. 

My first dairy free cupcakes ended up totally flat because Id let the mix sit too long before baking.  Iv got another food channel to thank for the tip with the clean dish cloth stops my muffins/cupcakes getting lines from the cooling rack.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding