body

Polenta - Gluten free & Dairy free


 


 
Had a polenta topped Bean stew for lunch today.  One of my work colleagues asked me what it was.  When I told them they asked what language I was speaking.........
 
 Apparently not everyone knows what Polenta is?  
 
Needless to say they were not impressed with my lunch, because it did not contain any meat.  There loss really as while they ate ham rolls, I tucked into a delicious Gluten free and dairy free Pie.  Perfect for the current Scottish Weather. 
 
I'm a fan of Merchant Gourmet quick polenta.  It's one of my go too store cupboard foods. Its really versatile, I use it too make a quick polenta porridge for breakfast.  Too top pies in place of mashed potatoes for lunch and it can even be used to make desserts. 
 
It can be set and cut into rectangles, then later baked as chips.  Or served smooth and creamy just like the best mashed potatoes.  It's gluten free and is easy to make Dairy free. 

Iv found a few great recipes, some I already make and some I can not wait too try. 

Basic Polenta recipe

Flourless Lemon Polenta cake  - Gluten Free

Thick Polenta Chips - Being Lactose intolerant I'd leave the cheese out of this recipe.  They still taste great without them.  I'd sprinkle Smoked Paprika on top for a great BBQ taste.

Lentil stew and polenta

Polenta Pizza base - Gluten free  -You don't need cheese to make a great Pizza, it's all about the veggie toppings. I love using roasted red peppers and olives. 

Mediterranean vegetable polenta

Gluten free Corn Bread

Vegan Cornbread for 2  - Great small batch recipe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding