body

What do you eat? - Low Fodmap diet

What do you eat?

has got a whole lot more confusing....


My IBS symptoms lately have been a lot worse.  I've tried keeping a food diary, however I was drawing a blank on what could be causing it.  Then my mum mentioned that she noticed my IBS always gets worse when Iv eaten a lot of my own home baking.   


It tastes great and is cheaper than buying free from products.  I originally put this down to consuming too much sugar, since I know this is one of my triggers. 


I have now reached the conclusion that rather than being yeast intolerant, I might be wheat intolerant.  As I'm always okay after eating Free From products Iv bought.


Free from products are generally Free From more than one allergen.  It's the only way producers can make them financially viable.  So a lot of the foods I buy because I am lactose intolerance, also happen to be gluten and wheat free. 


So I decided to go Gluten and Wheat free for 6 months and also follow a low FODMAP diet. 


I admit to putting this off for a while, I honestly couldn't really handle being intolerant to anything else.   My diet is limited enough.
 
 
So far cooking at home has not been a problem, a lot of fresh foods are naturally gluten and wheat free.( celiacdisease.about.com )  I didn't eat a lot of processed food anyway, however eating out has been a nightmare.  
 
 
There are plenty restaurants that serve Gluten free food, and a few that serve Dairy free food, however try asking for Gluten & dairy free Vegetarian food!!!!! 
 
Most vegetarian food in restaurants has cheese added, not so great for the lactose intolerant or people that really hate cheese.......
 
 
So I got really excited this week when eating out with a friend at Bella Italia at Fife Leisure Park Dunfermline.  The restaurant does both gluten free pasta and gluten free pizza bases.  They also use the same bread dough in some starters on their menu.
 
 
Our server was great when I asked for the Gluten free Quattro Stagioni Legumi without any cheese.  She was very helpful and asked if I wanted extra toppings instead.  The Pizza was brilliant, and even better there was Raspberry Sorbet so I could have a dessert. 
 
At least Iv found one placed I can eat out at, that doesn't mean I'm stuck eating baked potatoes xxx







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding