body

Christmas Dinner Review - Gluten and Dairy free

Linda McCartney's
Vegetarian Beef Roast
with red wine & shallot glaze

I wasn't looking forward to Christmas this year since it was the first one since dad had died. As someone with Mental health problems the festive season is not my favourite.  From my own personal experience it brings out the worst not the best in people.  

So this year I decided to hibernate with a stack of books and some good food, my own idea of personal bliss.  The books turned out to be a great plan since the festive TV was so abysmal.  The food however had mixed reviews.  

I started with my normal breakfast a lovely bowl of Scottish porridge, topped with fruit, yogurt, mixed seeds and a drizzle of honey.  As a nod to my favourite Childhood Christmas memories I then had a little chocolate.

For lunch I planned to cook Vegetarian Beef Roast severed along with baby potatoes and Brussels sprouts.  I had really been looking forward to it, so was really disappointed when it finally came time to eat.

Perhaps I should really have taken a hint from the description of Vegetarian Beef roast, but somehow I missed that obvious clue.  I found myself eating something that resembled and tasted of tinned luncheon meat.  I had a flashback to my childhood and had a compulsion to slice it and serve in a sandwich along with a packet of crisps and a piece of fruit.

I have never been a fan of vegetarian products made to look like meat or poultry, however I really love the Linda McCartney Sage and red onion sausages so had great hopes for my Christmas dinner.  I really wish I had cooked them instead and had a non traditional lunch.

Normally by the evening your so full of food you can't eat another thing. Only this time I was starving since I hadn't been tempted to eat any extra portions of my lunch.  So I made myself scrabbled eggs on gluten free brown toast, which tasted amazing.  


Another highlight of my day was Tesco Free from Sticky Toffee Pudding which I had along with Alpro Dairy free custard.  Thankfully these are leftovers that I am really looking forward to eating.

I hope everyone enjoyed their festive food.  It does not need to be traditional it just needs to be something special



Comments

  1. Great chance win Lots of Money by joining shop play win Sweepstakes. You can join these giveaway to win $250 Million.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Click on the <a href="https://online-sweepstakes.uk/wheel-of-fortune-t-mobile-sweepstakes/ ("Website") and play more games and Win Lots of Prizes This Sweepstakes is Opening to Residents of 50 United States.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding