body

What do you eat? - This Weeks Shopping


This week for What do you eat? I decided to share the foods I buy. 



Porridge - I start each day with a bowl of porridge, it's one of the cheapest super foods you can buy.  How you eat yours has sparked many an argument, I like to make my simply.   

- 2/3 cups of Rolled porridge Oats
- 2 Cups of Cold water
- Pinch of salt
 
I put my saucepan on a low heat and cook for 10 min's, stirring occasionally.   Once it reaches the thickness I like, It comes straight of the heat and into my porridge bowl. I keep the porridge simple as I like to pimp it up with fruit and yogurt.  
 



 


Amoy Gluten free Ribbon Rice Noodles

Clearspring Miso - wheat free

I used these to make my own pot noodles,  only a lot healthier and tastier. 


Home made healthy pot noodle

Stir fry some mushrooms, then add the noodles and miso paste. 
Pour in boiling water as per the miso soup instructions and mix together.
Transfer to a large bowl and top with chopped spring onions.

Organic Mushroom Stock Cubes

 












Kallo Stocks and Gravies - Gluten free & Vegan

I like using Kallo Stocks when making soups. It's also great for cooking rice as It add a bit more flavour, especially if your cooking them using the absorption method.
Belgian Dark Chocolate Organic Rice cake Thins

Kallo - Rice cakes

I love dark chocolate covered rice cakes,  as they are both Gluten free and dairy free.  It's just enough chocolate to keep me satisfied. There not made in a free from environment so are not suitable for milk allergy suffers. 



 Alpro Plain with AlmondAlpro Almond Unsweetened Fresh


Alpro - Dairy free Products

They also do flavoured up yogurt's, however I love the plain one as it's more versatile. I use it.....

- On top of porridge with fruit
- To bake my dairy free muffins
-  As a Cream substitute for recipes
- Or a Crème fresh substitute for dessert, goes great with homemade crumble

Try using the Almond milk for making Hot Chocolate, it tastes great. 






Pure - dairy free Spread 

Love pure spread for baking, its a great substitute for hard margarine.  Great for making cakes, scones and muffins. 

Invigorating Peppermint - 20 Tea Bags (Image 1)

Twinnings - Peppermint tea

One of the first things I did when I was diagnosed with IBS nearly 20 years ago, was to switch to peppermint tea.  The main Health benefits that attracted me, was that mint was shown  to help people with IBS when orally ingested.  Instead of taking Peppermint pills, I switched to mint tea.  It aids digestion, is caffeine free and is a natural antispasmodic.

It has a lovely refreshing taste that I can not get enough off.


Away to make a cup for myself xxx














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding