body

Waste Not Want not - Make your own popcorn




WASTE NOT WANT NOT
 
- Popcorn



I seriously love popcorn, iv skipped lunch before so I could eat an entire box at the cinema.  That was until I found out, they no longer freshly pop the kernels anymore.  It's all pre-packed, so its not much different than bringing your own brand name pack of popcorn.

Lately my mum has now got me hooked on making my own popcorn, ever since she go me a bag of kernels.  After a few attempts Iv now perfected my technique, and I am now saving myself a lot of money. 


 

ASDA - Own Brand
 
Popcorn Kernels - 1 kg  - £2.50
 
Versus
 
ASDA - Own brand
Chosen by you sweet popcorn - 110g - £1.00



 


TESCO
 
Whitworths
Popcorn corn - 500g - £1.89

Versus
 
TESCO
- Own Brand
Tesco Sweet Popcorn - 110g - £1.00






SAINSBURY - Own brand
 
Popping corn - 500 g  - £1.09
 
 
Versus
 
SAINSBURY - Own brand
 
Sweet and Salty Popcorn - 150g - £1.60


If saving money hasn't convinced you.....It also doesn't take long to make and you can flavour it to suit your own tastes.  Or in my case I make it so its does not set off my food intolerances.  It's also a lot of fun to make with children, food and entertainment in one small package.....


How to make your Own






While Popcorn is great just itself there are other things you can do with it.  Especially if like me you've got carried away and made to much. 


Recipes

Buttered popcorn Cookies  - You do not need eggs to make cookies, the vegan butter and sugar will help it keep shape.  You may need to add a few tablespoons of dairy free milk to form the dough. 

Popcorn Bread -  This is a yeast based bread. Use a dairy free milk as a substitute for the egg glaze. 

Popcorn Corn bread - The recipe suggest swapping the chilli pepper for Bell peppers, if your not keen on the heat.  It's a great idea and will add colour to the corn bread.

Popcorn Brownies - Use this recipe for Inspiration and add to a  Vegan Brownie Recipe

Popcorn Chocolate Bark - Use your favourite dairy free chocolate to make this great treat.  Match up with your own homemade popcorn. 



Popcorn Chocolate Bark is my personal favourite xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding