body

Waste not want not




Love Food
Hate waste


My mum's recently moved back down to Fife, and discovered our Councils new Waste recycling system.  Moving to a new house is stressful enough, working out which bin to put your rubbish in .........  

Black - Paper Cardboard
Green - Plastics and tin cans
Brown - Food waste
Blue -  All the rest for landfill waste


Its prompted some random phone calls.  The only bizarre thing about the new system is they still don't collect glass!!!!     

Until the new bins started I didn't realise how much of my Rubbish could be recycled.  It's also a lot easier to do than I expected.  The only draw back is that I can't tell which bin is which at night, since I can't see the colours in the dark  mmm.  

My Waste not, want not 
:tip of the week is


- vegetable Oil



Vegetable oil is a brilliant cooking ingredient for those of us that are Lactose Intolerant. It's already Dairy free, so no need to pay a premium for a Free From label.

It's really good for making Dairy free & Vegan cakes and muffins. Wacky Cake Recipe using oil for the cake batter makes a lovely light sponge, for a lot less money since your don't need butter or eggs.


I use it a lot in cooking however it is easy to use more than you really need, so a few years ago I Invested in an Oil Spray Container.


One of the best kitchen tools I have ever bought.  I got mine from Argos, this is the nearest alternative I could find on-line.

There are already cooking oil spray cans available in supermarkets, the ones that look like aerosol spray. There usually more expensive as well, save yourself money and invest in your own Oil Spray container.  


1. You are going to save money because you use less oil in cooking.

All you need to do is spray a layer over the food and toss to coat.

2. Less oil used, thus less calories added to your waistline.  

Oil is one of my IBS triggers so reducing the amount I use was important.  The fact it helped my waistline was just a great side benefit.  

3. Brilliant for greasing baking and cooking dishes.  

I spray then rub the oil on with my hands.  Oil is less expensive that vegan butter. I would rather use the vegan butter in my baking. Instead of using it  to stop it sticking to the baking sheets, which seems a bit of a waste to me

4. Finally less mess

Less mess, less cleaning thus less stress xxxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding