body

Nairn Oatcakes - Product review


I've grown up loving oatcakes, one of our traditional Scottish food products. We used to eat them with cheese, or served with soup instead of bread.  They are also a great served with homemade Scottish Stovies.  Personally I love them topped with hummus and sweet pickle.  

Since I gave up Gluten to help manage my IBS, I switched to oatcakes because they are a lot cheaper than Gluten free bread.  Real oatcakes our naturally gluten and dairy free, however I always check the list of ingredients.  

Traditional Scottish Oatcake Recipe

Oatcakes must be made with 100% Oats, I get annoyed at recipes or food manufacturers that add in flour.   Im glad to say my favourite Brand Nairn, makes them the traditional way.

The majority of their products are vegetarian and vegan.  They have now also added a  Gluten free - Nairn range.


Along with their traditional oatcakes, they also make a sweet biscuit version.   The most recent one Iv discovered are the fruit and seed oatcakes.  I love eating seeds, there a great way of adding vitamins and minerals to my diet.

The fruit and seed oatcakes tastes lovely, and are not to sweet.  I can even pretend their healthy, since oats and linseed's are great for those of us with IBS.

I also really enjoy the dark chocolate chip oat biscuits. There a great way of getting my chocolate kick, whenever I need it. 

The Nairn brand is a favourite in Scotland. I'm really pleased that there listening to consumers needs, and making free from products for those of us with food allergies and intolerances.  There prices are also reasonable unlike other free from products.  Two important factors that we all take into account when we are shopping.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding