body

What Do You Eat?

When your avoiding
Dairy and Wheat

Iv excluded gluten and wheat products from my diet for 2 months , to see if it improves my IBS symptoms. 

The problem with Food intolerances is that the sometimes the only way to find out if they have an adverse effect on you, is too exclude.


Instead of being Yeast Intolerant, I think I may be Wheat intolerant instead. My symptoms improved when I cut out Yeast, I stopped eating bread and products coated in bread crumbs. The same products also contain yeast. 


There are two foods that I have missed the most, are bread and cheese. Dairy free Cheese isn't that great, I would rather do without. However Iv discovered that Wheat free bread is just as delicious as traditional variety's. 


Breakfast

- Poached eggs on toast.

Gluten free, lactose free bread. Bread was from
Marks and Spencers Free From Range, slices where small but pretty tasty and filling.

- Banana


Lunch

Baked Potato with beans. Instead of a tin of baked beans I made
Chickpea bean curry. 


 We Brits are famous or infamous for incorporating other cultures foods into our diet, and the chickpea curry works well with a baked potato.

Dinner


Spanish Rice

One of my favourite meals, I made extra for lunch the next day at work. It's a tasty recipe that can be made both vegan and gluten free.  It's easy to make and sounds more impressive than it is x



Snacks

Discovered
We Love Cake products in the Rothes Hall Café in Kingdom Shopping Centre, Glenrothes at the weekend. I bought a few for snacks for work during the week. Loved both of the products I tried. The Fruit cake was lovely and moist, while the macaroon was not overly sweet. 

- Iced Fruit cake

- Apricot Macaroon Slice

The Café it's self is very reasonably priced, I had their Spiced Parsnip soup which was dairy free. I skipped the bread roll, since they did not have gluten free bread. However their is plenty on the menu to eat if your a looking for Free From options.





Hopefully I'm showing that you can have interesting and tasty foods, that are easy to make.  While also being affordable to buy.  Going Free From does need to be costly or boring xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding