body

Thank Bananas it's Friday....



Bananas about Bananas

Thank Bananas it's Friday, because ...... 
I've had to wear a Santa hat to work for the past week and I
don't have to wear it for the next 3 days xxx

The Banana project my slightly demented mission to make
as many recipes using my favourite fruit (The Banana) in a year.  
No matter how bizarre the recipe sounds....

The rules all the recipes must be dairy free


Banana Coconut Tea loafs



My last attempt at a Banana coconut cake was not that great.  It was a bit too moist in the middle, though they were perfectly OK to eat when they were cut in half and toasted.

Instead of using someone Else's recipe, I decided to adapt a tried and tested banana bread one from  vegetarian.about.com


Changes:

I reduced the flour by 1/2 Cup and instead substituted a 1/2 Cup of desiccated coconut. I then poured the batter into my mini loaf tins.  Finally I sprinkled a little more desiccated coconut on top, before baking in the oven.

 Why share a cake when you can have a whole one to your self?

Top Tip:  Cut out tin liners from greaseproof paper.  They do not need to be lined fully, since the tins are rectangular you just need enough to lift the cake out.  





Hallelujah...... a Banana coconut cake recipe that actually works.  Just the perfect amount of coconut so it does not overshadow the taste of the banana.  

They looked great baked in my mini loaf tins.  I loved this recipe, I will definitely be making it again. I think there so good that,Iv kept some for my Head taste tester (My mum)



Only 2 more weeks to go for my Banana project.
 No idea what Im going to do once its finished!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding