body

Thank Bananas it's Friday ..... plus 2 days



Bananas about Bananas



It's the Friday before Christmas, or should I say it WAS  the Friday before Christmas.  I had every intention of writing my blog but I had one of my hyper turns.

After working all day in a kitchen for other people, I just wanted to cook something I could eat.  Which is why 2 hours after I got home from work, I had made 

- Lentil Dahl
- Winter Vegetable soup
- Banana Mincemeat Scones

I also managed to fit in washing my dirty dishes and cooking my dinner.   Hyper turns are one of the side effects of my Anxiety problems.  There also the main reason why I avoid caffeine. 


First Experiment:



Banana Mincemeat 


You can't have Christmas without mincemeat, I love the stuff.   I like to bling up a bought jar of mincemeat with my own little touches, in this case Banana.

Easiest recipe ever

1 Jar Mincemeat
1 Large Banana - Mashed

Mix the 2 ingredients together in a bowl.


Uses

Banana Mincemeat Pie - Add  a layer of Sliced bananas to the base of your pastry and top with the mincemeat, then add a lid on top.  

Mincemeat loaf cake. - Substitute the tea soaked fruit for 1 jar of 411g mincemeat.

Banana Mincemeat Soda bread - Add half a jar of mincemeat to a soda bread recipe

Tropical Compote-  Add a tin of pineapple and cook together gently over a low heat.  Once the suet has melted leave to cool.  I love this on top of my porridge.  


The banana pairs well with the dried fruit and spices and just tastes great. But then Bananas and Dried fruit are 2 of my favourite foods......



Second Experiment:


Breakfast Cookies

Working shifts means I don't usually have time to eat 3 meals a day.  It's either too early or too late for lunch, So I like to make filling snacks.  I'd bought a box of Rice Krispies to make some Chocolate Krispie treats and really wanted to find another recipe I could use them in.

So I developed my Breakfast cookie recipe.

Breakfast Cookies

1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Porridge Oats
1 Cup Rice Krispies
1/2 Cup Desiccated coconut
1/2 Cup Raisins
1 Small Banana - Mashed
1/2 Cup Vegan Butter
1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
1 Tbsp Honey or Syrup
Pinch of salt



- Pre heat oven to 180 Celsius, and grease to baking sheets with oil.

- Measure out the vegan butter and sugar into a bowl, Then using a mixer cream together.  Add the mashed banana, pinch of salt and honey.

- Mix in the flour, then add the Oats, Rice Krispies and coconut.  Mix well between each addition finally adding the Raisins.

- Scoop up and roll  into golf ball sized cookies.  Then flatten slightly on the baking sheet.

- Bake in your oven for 10 - 12 Min's.


WARNING!!!!    These are really addictive

I love these cookies, there both crunchy and soft making them very morish.  I have to freeze them as soon as there cooled to stop myself eating them all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding