body

Thank Bananas it's Friday


The Banana Project

To make as many recipes using Banana's in a year and updating my blog once a week.  

My first recipe this week is for Banana tea loaf.  Most traditional tea loaf recipes are dairy free but aren't vegan as they require an egg.  However it bakes just as well without one.  This time I decided to use a mashed banana as a replacement.  I also reduced the amount of raisins so they wouldn't overshadow the taste of the banana's.  

Banana Tea loaf




To bump up the taste even more, I soaked the fruit in banana tea.

Banana tea:  Place 1 banana peel into a mug, fill with boiling water and cover.  Leave for 5-10 Min's then remove the peel.  

This makes a lovely soothing cup of tea.  

Who would have thunk it..... it worked.  It's a hybrid between a tea loaf and a banana loaf and tastes great.  Perfect toasted and covered in a dairy free spread.  


Banana Coconut Curry 



I loved my last banana rice recipe so much, I decided to try another one I discovered on My Recipes.  This recipe cooks the rice first, then folds in the rest of the ingredients.  I wanted to cook them together so the rice really tasted of coconut.  I bake it in the oven with 1 cup veg stock and 1 cup coconut milk, in a covered casserole dish.  Then added the rest of the ingredients once cooked and baked for another 15 Min's.

Tastes good just doesn't photograph well.  Iv already added this one to my personal cookbook.

Finally my favourite no cook meal.  Not really a recipe just some assembly instructions.

Ultimate scooby snack

2 multigrain Ryvita  spread with peanut butter.
Top with one sliced banana


Happy eating xxx




Comments

  1. Hey! Thanks so much for sending that cake up for me yesterday :) I enjoyed it! The only comment I have is that there was too much sweetener; it seemed to overpower the other flavors. I am always happy to try things for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta very muckle. I thought it was too sweet as well. Would have been better with dark chocolate chips instead of the dates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding