body

Dairy free, Lemon Soda Loaf Cake recipe

Lemon Soda Cake

I posted the above picture of my lemon soda cake, a few days ago with one of my baking tips.  I De-frosted it last night for my willing taste testers at the Express Group today.  It was a hit, I didn't tell them it was Dairy and egg free till after they had eaten it.  I'm pretty chuffed with the results, especially as 2 of them asked me for the recipe.  So I think it's good enough to post now.  It's easy to make and basically an all in one methord cake recipe.


Lemon soda Loaf Cake

8oz Self Raising Flour
4 oz Caster Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
60 ml Vegetable oil
225ml Soda Water
zest of 1/2 Lemon

Pre-heat oven too 180 Celsius
Line or grease loaf tin. 

-Measure out flour and baking powder into a bowl. 

-Add lemon zest too caster sugar, mix together then add too bowl with flour.

-Combine these together  in the bowl and make a well in the middle to add the oil and soda water too.

-With your prepared tin near to hand, add the oil and finally the soda water to the bowl.  It will fizz up don't worry, this is going to help give the cake lift.  Whisk together till all the ingredients are combined and pour into the baking tin.

- Bake for 30 - 40 Min's, check after 30 Min's with a toothpick in the centre of the cake.  If the tooth pick comes out clean then it's baked.  If not leave for longer in the oven.

- Once baked leave in the tin for 10 Min's before loosening and lifting out onto a wire rack.  (I always place a clean tea towel on the wire rack to stop it leaving marks on the cake. 

This cake has a lovely lemon flavour and light texture.  You could try add an icing glaze to the top or serve the cake as a dessert with whipped cream and soft fruit. 

Soda water is now offically my new favourite ingredient for baking dairy and egg free xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding