body

Chunky monkey cookies :- Take 1


So here's the thing, iv tried making plenty of low sugar cookie recipes.  Iv also made low fat cookie recipes successfully, but so far i haven't figured out away to make low sugar and low fat cookie combined!!!  My problem is I can't use sweeteners as their are trigger for my IBS.  My Chunky monkey cookies are my latest experiment. 

I used an oil based dough recipe instead of vegan margarine.  Mashed banana, in place of an egg and agave nectar for the sugar.  I added some desiccated coconut for a tropical taste and dairy free chocolate chips.

For me there was way to many chocolate chips,  the taste of the cookie it's self is great but technically I don't think you could call it a cookie.  Its more like a whoopie pie cake.  I like my cookies crunchy and my cake soft.  My mum has a sweeter tooth than mine so they won't go to waste.  Lol, the whole bottom drawer of my freezer is now taken up with baked goods for my mum.  Really need her to come collect them, she's one of my official taste tester. 


Chunky Monkey Whoopie cushions

1/3 cup agave nectar or 1/2 sugar
1 mashed banana
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup Flour
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Pre -heat oven too 180 Celsius

Mashed the banana in a bowl. Measure out and add oil, add agave and vanilla to mashed banana.
Mix well together.

Measure out dry ingredients, first add flour, salt and baking powder to the wet mix.  Once well combined fold in coconut and chocolate chips.

Scoop onto a greased or lined baking tray and spread out mix slightly.  Leave 2 inches between each one and bake for 15 - 20 Min's.

Once cooked allow to cool on baking tray for 5 Min's before transferring to a wire rack.


Next time I plan to modify a vegan margarine based recipe with the same flavours and a lot less chocolate.  I'm posting the recipe here for the sweet tooth people out there.  Re-named Chunky monkey whoopie cushions, you could fill with whipped cream and sandwich together for a decadent snack or if you have a really sweet tooth butter cream xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How not to make a pineapple upside down cake

Scottish Tablet - Dairy free & Vegan

Curdled Rice pudding